Sometimes, maybe more than sometimes, jeans are the perfect thing to wear. For me, I would probably have some sort of physical withdrawal if I were told I could no longer wear denim. But sometimes I have a difficult time thinking of new ways to wear jeans without buying new shoes, shirts, or cars (to pose next to). This feeling hasn’t reached it’s full status as the weather has prevented me from being able to wear jeans all that much, but when the cooler weather approaches, I plan to be ready. To spice up jeans and a basic tee or top:
- Try tucking in your top if you have high enough jeans in the rise. You might discover your waist hiding under there!
- If you can’t comfortably tuck, try belting a longer top over your jeans. Oh look, there’s that waist again! Also, if you think you don’t have a waist, you probably can make one with a belt!
- Play with bright belts (and shoes and jewelry). Easy way to add color to an otherwise basic outfit.
- Try rolling your jeans up at the cuff to show off your shoes. This works well with preppy outfits and straight (not jegging or wide-leg) jeans.
- Try wearing a scarf over your jeans and t-shirt look. Another way to add some color without adding a heavy layer. More on that soon!
So, hopefully this will help prevent you from having any jeans-related ruts this fall. How do you spice up your basic outfits?
Couple of random asides: if you have some time today, feel free to check out my interview with Megan of Boarding Pass. We talked about Austin fashion and she made me feel really chatty. Here’s the link!
Also, my deal is still running on Urban Dealight. I am so excited to meet my new clients and see some friends again, too. So thanks SO MUCH for helping me make this week so successful. I can’t tell you how nervous I was about this, and it worked out much better than I’d imagined!
September 29, 2011