How to dress grunge, according to Laurel:
1. Remember the 90’s.
2. Find favorite boots from high school. Sew them back together. Don’t think about why you saved them in that weird plastic bag that a comforter came in. Don’t think about the fact that you wore them with a slip that you bought at Value Village (because you shouldn’t wear it again, even though you want to).
3. Put on gray jeans that you love. Put on striped v-neck. Put on red cardigan. These are important steps, if only because they prevent nudity.
4. Find unwashed cardigan of husband’s. Put it on.
5. Act like you don’t even care.
6. Listen to “Nothing Else Matters” by Metallica.
7. Accept that no one on Chictopia is going to vote for this outfit.
8. Publish post.
|Cardigans: BDG, Jeans: Madewell, Top: Monrow. Boots: John Fluevog, circa 1996, Earrings: Kendra Scott.|
January 22, 2011