I am super surprised by how often I’ve ended up wearing this swapped dress. Since realizing it could be worn as a midi skirt with just a little clasp of a safety pin, I’m newly inspired. It is, after all, one of two mid-length skirts I own, and the more casual of the two, so naturally I am bound to wear the heck out of it.
Can anyone wear a midi-length skirt? I think more of you can than you think. I’m only 5’6″ (or a little less) and that’s not SUPER tall, right?
- Make sure the waist of the skirt goes as high as possible on your waist, so as to give the illusion of longer legs.
- Select a lightweight skirt that drapes naturally. Too much pouf or heaviness will be an added challenge.
- Show off your ankles! Dont wear tall boots or anything that would cut what’s left of your leg off visually. Pumps are a sure bet.
- Add extra height with a heel or platform. Like I said, pumps.
- Throw a belt on there for added definition. If you can’t tell where the skirt ends and your top begins, show off that waist with a wide belt. It will draw the eye up.
If you’re still not so sure, just try it! Or go shopping with me and I will find the skirt to flatter you the most: shape, personality, and style-wise. I am not saying this length of a skirt is for everyone, I’m just saying it’s for more than just uber tall uber skinny people. Dig?
October 20, 2011